Extension allows you to mention any vTiger’s user in the comments. So that this user will receive an email stating that he is mentioned with reference to the vTiger’s record. It is possible to integrate with the VDNotifier module, which will allow other users to receive instant alerts in the vTiger that they mentioned in the comments indicating the entry.
- used generally accepted standard @username
- when the @ sign is indicated, the list of users available for selection is instantly loaded
- no limit on the number of mentions
1. Go to Vtiger CRM Menu -> Settings -> CRM Settings
2. In Settings Shortcuts block select Modules
3. Click Import Module from Zip button in the right corner.
4. Check I accept with disclaimer and would like to proceed
5. Click Select from My Computer button and choose Mention 2.0 zip archive from your computer
6. Click Import button at the bottom of the page
7. Check out the license to use the module and if you agree, check the box.
8. Click Import Now button at the bottom of the page
9. Wait information that you have downloaded module Mention 2.0.
10. Click Import now button
11. Wait information that module Mention 2.0 has been imported successfully.
12. For existing accounts without administrator privilege, new extension may be not available because of role privileges. To make available new extension for existing accounts we will update privilege settings for existing users. Go to Vtiger CRM Menu -> Settings -> CRM Settings (р. 1 of instruction).
13. Go to User management -> Roles.
14. Select role
15. Without any changes click the "Save" button to update privilege settings. Make these actions for all roles.
16. For configuring extension your account needs to have administrator privilege.
17. Go to Vtiger CRM Menu -> Settings -> CRM Settings (p. 1 of instruction)
18. Go to Other Settings -> Mention
19. Here you can configure Mention 2.0 settings
20. Go to User Management -> Users
21. In our demo vTiger we have user Peter Jackson
22. Let’s mention this user in the Leads module. Go to CRM Settings -> Marketing -> Leads module.
23. Open any lead by clicking on its name.
24. In the Lead card in the Comment section type @ sign. The list of vTigers users that can be mentioned is instantly loaded.
25. Choose Peter Jackson. Write any message to Peter.
26. Post a comment.
27. Peter will receive an email saying that he was mentioned in the vTiger record, he will receive the full text of the comment and a link to the vTigers record and the user who mentioned him. For your vTiger to send emails, you need an outgoing server configured.
Integration with Notifie Pro 2.0
28. It is possible to receive instant notifications of mentions directly inside the Vtiger. See here how this integration works
29. To do this, you need to install the Notifier Pro module and enable integration with it.
30. After installing the Notifier Pro module, enter the settings of the VDMention module (p. 18 of instruction). Click on the Edit button. Enable Integrate with Notifier Pro checkbox.
31. After enabling Notifier Pro integration, vTiger users will receive notifications about the mentions of their username in the Notifier Pro panel, pop-up messages and by sound notifications.
CommentsLog in or register to post comments
Our team has enough experience in vTiger CRM to bring all your ideas according to life. Our experts will analyse your business needs and recommend you how to solve it better. And after our developers make it in your crm system.
What we do
- Basic functional upgrade and customization
- Migration crm to higher version
- Migration from another crm to vTiger
- Extensions and Modules Development
- API integration with other software
- 2rd, 3rd lines technical support
Send us your requirements by webform below and we will estimate it and back to you soon. Also you can send it on firstname.lastname@example.org